Ed Tech Help Desk
Ed Tech Programs
If you need assistance with the following technology, please try the following steps below:
First Steps for Ed Tech Troubleshooting
Log out and closeout
- Log out of any program you are in. Don't just close the tab, be sure Log Out!
- Close every tab
- Restart the device
- Start from scratch and log in fresh
Clear the History and Cash
- On your computer, open Chrome
- At the top right, click More
- Click More tools Clear browsing data
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes
- Click Clear data
- You will likely need to log back into the zScaler (use your full OCS Gmail and your computer password to log in)
- You will have to log back into any program/website
Make sure the student laptop is up to date
- Turn on your Chromebook
- At the bottom right, select the time
- Select Settings
- At the bottom of the left panel, select About Chrome OS
- Under "Google Chrome OS," you'll find which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook uses
- Select Check for updates
- If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically
- You may need to restart the computer once the update(s) run
- Open Chrome.
- Select More More tools Extensions.
- Next to the extension, you want to remove, select Remove.
- To confirm, select Remove.
Tip: To remove an extension that's a button on the browser toolbar, right-click the button and select Remove from Chrome.
Restore the Default Settings on your Chromebook
- Click here for directions on how to restore the default settings on your Chromebook